Our news & blog
How to prepare for your next exhibition
When our job is done, and your impressive exhibition stand is ready, it’s over to you and your team to make all of that preparation pay off.
For a successful exhibition you’ll need to select the right team and ensure they’re briefed and motivated before the event.
Here’s our advice on how to prepare your whole team. Whether you’re briefing your colleagues or external event staff, everyone needs to know just how to make visitors’ interactions memorable.
Here’s a checklist to help you prepare your exhibition team:
- Choose wisely. Recruit a friendly and enthusiastic team who have a good balance of brand and product knowledge and sales experience. Overall your exhibition team needs to be friendly, enthusiastic and up for the challenge
- Draw up a rota and stress the importance of having a stand that’s well-staffed, but not over-staffed
- Set and share your exhibition objectives, target audience and key messages in advance
- Consider pre-event training. Role-plays teach your team how to engage with visitors, ask the right questions and respond to enquiries
- Prepare literature to help gather leads such as enquiry and competition entry forms
- Communicate your expectations. This includes dress code and arrival time
- Organise on-stand refreshments and a schedule for breaks
- Plan to have daily briefings with the team to keep motivation up and discuss how things are going
- As well as a debrief with the team after the exhibition, taking the team for a drink will give you a chance to say thanks for all the hard work
Find out how Exhibitor Club can help you prepare for your next exhibition. Email email@example.com
In January 2018, a new rule came into practise regarding what kind of structure is defined as ‘complex’, and we want to ensure our clients know what they need to do in order to avo…
We're pleased to have just launched our newly rebuilt and refreshed website, after months of hard work on the content, code and usability. We had a number of improvements we wanted…
Exhibition shows shrinking in the UK The exhibition industry has become very expensive in the last few years and driving a lot of people away from exhibiting. Compared with German…